Thursday 31 August 2017

Coriander Chutney

What's life without some spice! If this spice comes with no oil and cholesterol, what better can one ask for? 

This coriander chutney can be used with stuffed parathas, chaats, pakoras, sprouts, sandwiches, rolls etc. The options are endless. As coriander leaf is a good source of potassium and antioxidants, this chutney is high in both nutrition and taste.

Though there are tons of recipes for making chutney, this one  is courtesy my friend Arti. I often make it this way since onion and tomato give a good body to the chutney. 

Ingredients:

Coriander - 1big bunch
Onion - Half 
Country (desi) tomato - 1 small or half medium
Garlic - 3 cloves
Green chillies, hot - 
Ginger - half an inch 
Salt - according to taste
Black salt - according to taste
Red chilli powder - half teaspoon 
Cumin seeds -  1 tablespoon
Lemon juice - half 

Way to go:

Clean. Wash. Grind. Enjoy!

Tips:

1. Lemon juice and tomato provide enough moisture for grinding. If not, add some water.
2. Add a bit of raw mustard oil to your portion. My Bengali cook gave me this tip and I love it!
3. This chutney can be made weekly or fortnightly. I make a batch and freeze half of it. When needed, I remove it from freezer and keep in fridge overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment